Additional payment method China UnionPay (CUP) for Chinese customers
- windeln.de increases service for Chinese customers by introducing the China UnionPay (CUP) payment method
- Cooperation with ChinaPay makes shopping on windeln.com.cn even easier and broadens customer access for Chinese customers
Munich, May 8, 2017: windeln.de, one of the leading online retailers of baby and toddler products in Europe and for customers in China, has improved its offering to Chinese customers with the introduction of the China UnionPay payment method. China UnionPay is a popular payment method in China with a high level of acceptance throughout Asia. The extensive service network and the high number of customers allow China UnionPay to establish itself as one of the leading providers of cross-border payment.
Cooperation with ChinaPay
windeln.de has entered into a partnership with ChinaPay, the subsidiary of the Chinese bank card organization China UnionPay, to provide Chinese customers with secure and convenient online payment services without online banking access.
The main advantages of the new payment method:
- Simple cross-border payments - Internationally recognized, very popular, secure and cashless payment method
- Choice of payment methods - Additional payment method for orders and thus improvements in the offer for the customer
- No currency conversion fees - Cross-border payments are processed directly in RMB at no additional cost, so it is economical for users
Julia-Caroline Schmidt, Head of China Business at windeln.de, on the new cooperation: "The new payment method China UnionPay leads to an improvement in the purchasing process for our Chinese customers. China UnionPay is one of the most popular payment methods in Asia. Therefore, this method also offers great potential to win additional customers who could not use the previously available payment methods. The partnership with ChinaPay particularly promotes the development of our cross-border e-commerce business to China."