Additional payment method China UnionPay (CUP) for Chinese customers
- windeln.de increases convenience for Chinese customers by offering payment method China UnionPay (CUP)
- Cooperation with ChinaPay makes shopping on windeln.com.cn easier and more accessible for Chinese families
Munich, 8th of May 2017: windeln.de, one of the leading online retailers for baby, toddler and children's products in Europe and to customers in China has enhanced its offerings for Chinese customers by introducing the payment method China UnionPay. China UnionPay is a popular payment method in China with strong acceptance throughout Asia. With a broad service network and a large number of customers China UnionPay has established itself as one of the leading companies for cross-border payments.
Cooperation with ChinaPay
windeln.de has entered into a partnership with ChinaPay, the subsidiary of the Chinese bank card organization China UnionPay, to offer Chinese customers secure and convenient online payment services without online banking access.
Main benefits of the new payment method:
- Simple cross-border payments - Internationally accepted, very popular, secure and cashless payment method
- Variety of payment methods - Additional method to pay for orders, therefore improving customer convenience
- No currency conversion fees - cross-border payments will be transacted directly in RMB without additional charges, making it economical for users
Julia-Caroline Schmidt, Head of the China business at windeln.de, about the new cooperation: “The new payment method China UnionPay offers great improvements for our Chinese customers. China UnionPay is one of the most preferred payment methods in Asia. That is why this method also offers great potential to win additional customers that have not been able to use the existing payment methods so far. This partnership with ChinaPay supports the development of our cross-border e-commerce business to China significantly.”